FAQ FOR TPM SUPPORT UNIT
Responsible Unit: TPM
Helpdesk: GGUS (Operations Helpdesk by TPM)
What is the purpose of the TPM Support?
TPM is the most important part of the support system for the grid. TPM is ticket process management. The purpose of TPM is:
- to close simple trouble tickets;
- to notify users about the status of their tickets;
- to ensure that other tickets are sent to the correct place for processing;
- to route middleware and other software related tickets to the “DMSU”;
- to react to alarms that tickets have not been processed;
- to ensure that the Wiki pages are enhanced by the responses associated with tickets;
For which components does TPM provide support?
First line support of GGUS
Which quality of service (QoS) will you provide?
Who will assign tickets to TPM Support?
Submitted tickets are assigned to TPM first by default. Tickets from other support units can be re-assigned to TPM.
Are tickets typically solved in TPM Support or reassigned elsewhere?
Tickets are typically reassigned and solved elsewhere. Basic guide:
- The ticket is from a new user, user can not log in, doesn't know where to find something, can not register to something, can not register a certificate within VO -> VOsupport support unit.
- The ticket is about software - it's necessary to distinguish among ordinary user and site admin reporting the problem. Site admins are registered in GOCDB.
- Sites are responsible for computing SW, data storage and transfer, if service should be available or was previously available and suddenly is not -> notify site
- User has troubles with SW which is available but may be buggy (user needs help or has a bug suspection) -> DMSU support unit
- Infrastructure SW like VO services, accounting, GGUS, AppDB, ... -> EGI have it's own 2ndlvl support units for this, see the dropdown menu and check SU FAQ.
Who is responsible for TPM Support?
TPM effort is done by the Czech NGI and IBERGRID.
What documentation is available on TPM Support?
The following documentation is available:
What is the usual "Type of Issue" for the tickets of TPM?
What if I have questions which are not dealt with by this FAQ?
Open a GGUS ticket indicating that it should be directed at the TPM team.