FAQ FOR Operations SUPPORT UNIT
Responsible Unit: Operations
Helpdesk: GGUS (Operations Helpdesk by TPM)
What is the purpose of the Operations Support?
- to provide a contact with the EGI.eu team that coordinates EGI operations for any technical and operational matter
- to handle requests from Resource Centres and Resource Infrastructure Providers that are willing to be integrated into the EGI production infrastructure
- to notify any operational issues that is general and does not concern a specific Resource Infrastructure or Grid middleware deployed.
For which components does Operations provide support?
Please note: This Support Units does not provide support about any specific technology component that is deployed in the infrastructure. This kind of problems have to be assigned to the DMSU SU.
Relevant issues for which this Support Unit can be contacted are:
- problems with existing processes, lack of procedures, need to update existing processes.
- problems with information and documentation provided by the EGI wiki.
- problems in getting support from the respective Operations Centre.
- interest in being integrated into the EGI infrastructure.
- problems with the application of EGI suspension policies.
- problems with the EGI Resource Centre Operational Level Agreement
- register or de-register a VO.
Which quality of service (QoS) will you provide?
Who will assign tickets to Operations Support?
- any other SU that identifies a problem to be relevant to this SU.
Are tickets typically solved in Operations Support or reassigned elsewhere?
- Tickets can be internally solved or assigned to other specific SUs depending on the problem.
Who is responsible for Operations Support?
- The EGI Chief Operations Officer.
What documentation is available on Operations Support?
What is the usual "Type of Issue" for the tickets of Operations?
What if I have questions which are not dealt with by this FAQ?
Open a GGUS ticket indicating that it should be directed at the Operations team.